Singapore, 16 December 2021 — WOM Protocol, a social commerce solution that enables brands to leverage word-of-mouth recommendations, announced today its integration with multinational e-commerce company, Shopify, to provide Shopify stores with access to a brand new suite of tools for targeting customers with user-generated product recommendations.
The new Shopify app–available immediately to all Shopify merchants–-was created in conjunction with long-standing partner YEAY GmbH and features WOM’s new Word–ofMouth Marketing Toolkit which was launched earlier this year.
The implementation of the WOM Protocol into Shopify by the YEAY team delivers the next generation in marketing toolkits. The new app brings user-generated recommendations to the mainstream marketing arsenal by enabling the recording and automatic integration of real customer feedback in the form of short, user-generated videos directly on a merchant’s Shopify store.
Integrated fully with the Shopify system, the YEAY Shopify app delivers:
- In-store video recording of recommendations by real customers
- Bullet-proof linking of recommendations to individual products and the overall brand
- A community-powered authentication system that ensures all recommendations are honest, creative, and positive
- Plug-and-play integration into every product detail view, delivering targeted, authentic recommendations directly into the product discovery journey
- Customisable display capabilities that can deliver a curated playlist of content into any section of a Shopify store, excellent for category- or topic-related areas
- Simple methods of delivering rewards to customers who create engaging recommendations
- Total control over what content represents the brand’s values
- A decentralised, blockchain-based cryptocurrency to deliver rewards and costeffective utilisation of all features globally
Melanie Mohr, CEO and Founder of YEAY said of the exciting new Shopify integration:
“We are proud to work with the WOM Protocol to bring this innovative and truly engaging toolkit to the merchants on Shopify. We believe that this will deliver a step-change in customer engagement and deliver the improved conversion rates that word of mouth has been proven to deliver, to the largest and smallest of Shopify’s merchants.”
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Proudly founded in Ottawa, Shopify powers over 1.7 million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, Heinz, Staples Canada, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com
About WOM Protocol
WOM (word-of-mouth) Protocol is a blockchain-based protocol that gives brands, content creators, publishers, and social networks a way to monetize word-of-mouth recommendations on any app or platform. WOM is backed by dozens of seasoned investors from around the globe and has generated more than 1m+ transactions. For more information about WOM, visit https://womprotocol.io
About YEAY GmbH
YEAY is the leading community for Generation Z to share honest recommendation videos with one another about the products they love. The YEAY app started integrating and testing the WOM Protocol at the start of 2020. The app has more than 1 million downloads and more than 750,000 videos have been created with more than 7 million total video views. For more information about YEAY, visit https://yeay.com.