The Bank of Canada has come out with a very bold statement, stating that Bitcoin adopted could destabilize global finance. Bank of Canada extends even further than that, including all other digital currencies in spectrum, such as Facebook credits, Amazon coins, and World of Warcraft gold just to name a few. Bank of Canada wasn’t all hate however, acknowledging the potential benefits of faster transaction times, less fees, etc. they do feel that in Bitcoins current stance, Bitcoin entering the mainstream would be a dangerous move. This hasn’t stop Canadian Bitcoin enthusiasts, with their continued push for mainstream adoption, whether that’s in the form of Bitcoin ATMs or getting Bitcoin accepted at your favorite coffee shop.Show comments
- 27/06 New Wave of Cyber Attacks Triggered as Ransom Prices Climb
- 26/06 India: ‘Relaxed’ Gold Rules Could Have ‘War On Cash’ Effect
- 26/06 Barclays Bank Confirms Talks With Regulators to ‘Bring Bitcoin Into Play’
- 25/06 Ethereum Wars: Classic Posts Only Gains, Surfs All-Time Highs As Congestion Plagues ETH
You are here
New Wave of Cyber Attacks Triggered as Ransom Prices Climb
Just weeks after the WannaCry ransomware virus made headlines around the world, another cyber attack known...
CrypViser: Secure Communications and the New State-Sponsored Hacking Law
Last Thursday, the German parliament voted into law a bill that would allow the police and other...
Bitcoin PR Buzz
- 27/06 Bit.ac Adds Support for 22 More Cryptocurrencies
- 27/06 Melonport AG Announces Beta Release of Oyente, a Smart Contracts Analysis, and Verification Tool
- 27/06 Blockchain Live Confirms Headline Partner Sponsor Block.on
- 27/06 DIMCOIN Offers Equity Through Blockchain Ecosystem, Proudly Announces ICO
- 26/06 The iDice Crowdsale Offers Investors the Last Chance to Participate in Its ICO