The Bank of Canada has come out with a very bold statement, stating that Bitcoin adopted could destabilize global finance. Bank of Canada extends even further than that, including all other digital currencies in spectrum, such as Facebook credits, Amazon coins, and World of Warcraft gold just to name a few. Bank of Canada wasn’t all hate however, acknowledging the potential benefits of faster transaction times, less fees, etc. they do feel that in Bitcoins current stance, Bitcoin entering the mainstream would be a dangerous move. This hasn’t stop Canadian Bitcoin enthusiasts, with their continued push for mainstream adoption, whether that’s in the form of Bitcoin ATMs or getting Bitcoin accepted at your favorite coffee shop.Show comments
- 16/04 Altcoins are Going SegWit for Price Boost of a Lifetime
- 09/04 OpenLedger Apptrade Platform Backs APPX Tokens Currently on Crowdsale with 20% Future Revenues
- 07/04 SibCoin Expands Its Reach to China’s Cryptocurrency Market after Tasting National Success
- 06/04 Litecoin Price Tops $11 Amid SegWit Euphoria, Coinbase Support
You are here
Charlie Shrem: ‘It’s Not About The Technology Anymore, It’s About Power’
Bitcoin entrepreneur Charlie Shrem shared his views on the scaling debate, stating that “it’s not about...
Cryptocurrency Market Cap Hits an All-Time High $30 Billion
The total market capitalization of all cryptocurrencies has not only broken the $30 billion dollar...
Bitcoin PR Buzz
- 20/04 5 days left until Exscudo ICO
- 20/04 FoxMiners Launches Revolutionary Mining Chip
- 18/04 Kibo Platforms’ Beta Version Be Launched in the Beginning of May
- 13/04 COSS.IO, a Comprehensive Cryptocurrency Platform for Crypto and Fiat Communities
- 13/04 The Alpha DAO.Casino Platform Introduces Dice Game on Smart Contracts