The Bank of Canada has come out with a very bold statement, stating that Bitcoin adopted could destabilize global finance. Bank of Canada extends even further than that, including all other digital currencies in spectrum, such as Facebook credits, Amazon coins, and World of Warcraft gold just to name a few. Bank of Canada wasn’t all hate however, acknowledging the potential benefits of faster transaction times, less fees, etc. they do feel that in Bitcoins current stance, Bitcoin entering the mainstream would be a dangerous move. This hasn’t stop Canadian Bitcoin enthusiasts, with their continued push for mainstream adoption, whether that’s in the form of Bitcoin ATMs or getting Bitcoin accepted at your favorite coffee shop.Show comments
You are here
Fiverr No Longer Accepts Bitcoin After ‘Purely a Business Decision’
Was getting ready to use the very popular website for online services, Fiverr, yesterday, and...
HashCash Creator: Antonopoulos Explainer on SegWit ‘Best I’ve Seen’
HashCash founder and Bitcoin pioneer Adam Back along with others have praised entrepreneur Andreas Antonopoulos for his...
- 23/01 Fiverr No Longer Accepts Bitcoin After ‘Purely a Business Decision’
- 23/01 HashCash Creator: Antonopoulos Explainer on SegWit ‘Best I’ve Seen’
- 22/01 Zero-Fee Bitcoin Trading Officially Ends in China; Begins in the UK
- 22/01 Bitcoin is Being Increasingly Regulated Across the Globe
- 21/01 Kim Dotcom’s Megaupload 2.0 & BitCache Experience Aborted Launch