American Banker is holding its third annual “Blockchains + Digital Currencies” conference in New York on July 28, 2016.
Disclaimer: This article was provided by Bitcoin PR Buzz. Bitcoinist is not affiliated with the firms represented by Bitcoin PR Buzz and is not responsible for their products and/or services.
American Banker Talks Blockchain
During the July conference, “bankers technologists, entrepreneurs and regulators” will meet to learn about the latest in fintech innovation: the blockchain.
“In a few short years,” says American Banker Editor in Chief Marc Hochstein, “blockchain technology and digital currencies have gone from far-fringe to almost-mainstream.”
American Banker says their conference will “confront the hard questions facing the blockchain sector,” such as:
- Do open networks like Bitcoin and Ethereum offer the most value to commercial enterprises, or are they better of using proprietary blockchains?
- What can permissioned blockchains do that regular databases can’t?
- Will regulators hold back blockchain innovation or allow it to flourish?
Some big names in the fintech industry are scheduled to speak at the conference, including:
- Bill Barhydt, Founder and CEO, Abra
- Jeff Garzik, CEO and Co Founder, Bloq, Inc.
- Allan Mendelowitz, president of ACTUS Financial Research Foundation and former board member of the Federal Housing Finance Board
- Eddy Ortiz, vice president of solution acceleration and innovation at Royal Bank of Canada
- Elissa Shevinsky, CEO of Stealth Crypto Company
- Zooko Wilcox-O’Hearn, founder of Zcash
- Hank Uberoi, Chief Executive Officer of Earthport
These experts will address those pressing questions, hoping to make sense of all the uncertainty in the digital currency world.
“Major financial institutions, tech companies and others are now actively experimenting with distributed ledgers, says Hochstein. “Yet for all the energy and capital (more than $1 billion from angel and venture investors) that has congregated in this young fintech sector, there’s a lot of uncertainty about the future.”
For more information about the conference, visit the event website.
ABOUT AMERICAN BANKER
American Banker, a SourceMedia brand, is the essential resource for senior executives in banking and financial services, keeping its users updated on vital developments and focusing sharply on their most important concerns. Financial industry professionals turn to American Banker to stay maximally informed and engage with an authoritative community of analysts, practitioners and innovators through opinion content, research reports, social media, and live events.
SourceMedia, an Observer Capital company, is a diversified business-to-business digital media, marketing services, research and event company serving senior professionals in the financial, technology and healthcare sectors. Brands include American Banker, The Bond Buyer, Financial Planning, On Wall Street, Mergers & Acquisitions, Accounting Today, Bank Investment Consultant, Health Data Management and Employee Benefit News.
About Bitcoin PR Buzz:
Bitcoin PR Buzz has been proudly serving the PR and marketing needs of Bitcoin and digital currency tech start-ups for over 2 years. Get your own professional Bitcoin and digital currency Press Release. Click here for more information.
Images courtesy of American Banker.