Remitano: the First Crypto Exchange to Offer Refund on Slow Transactions
Remitano now offers a 50% refund in transaction fees for buyers who experience slow crypto transactions.
Delays in transactions often have a direct impact on a trader’s ability to make a profit or prevent losses, largely due to the high volatility of the crypto market.
To mitigate this common issue, Remitano is working continuously to improve the speed of crypto transactions. So apart from being a very secure exchange, Remitano is also one of the fastest crypto exchange platforms. Trades are completed very quickly and safely.
On the 10th of February, 2020 onwards, crypto traders are able to receive a 50% transaction fee refund for trades that undergo a “delayed completion.”
When is a crypto trade considered as “delayed completion”?
A crypto trade is considered as “delayed completion” on Remitano if it takes more than 15 minutes to complete, starting from the moment the buyer completes payment to the seller – “Pay seller” (Step 3) until the coin is received on the system – “Receive BTC” (Step 4).
The illustration of when a crypto trade is completed
Take the scenario below as an instance:
- John wants to buy BTC from Mark
- John makes payment to Mark’s bank account and clicks on “I Have Paid Seller”.
- John waits to get his BTC in his wallet.
- If John doesn’t get his BTC in 15 minutes, starting from the exact moment he clicked on the “I Have Paid Seller” button, that trade will be marked as “delayed transaction”
- After approval, Remitano will refund 50% of the crypto transaction fee to John.
The 50% refund process for crypto buyers on Remitano
As a buyer, if you encounter delayed completion, you can claim your refund by following these 3 simple steps:
- Step 1: After completing the trade, please send your trade ref number to the Remitano Support team via the live chat box (on the bottom right corner of the Remitano app or website).
- Step 2: The Support team will check and verify if the case is eligible for a fee refund. This process usually takes about 5 minutes.
- Step 3: If your eligibility for a refund is confirmed, Remitano will promptly refund 50% of your transaction fee. Kindly check your Remitano wallet to make sure the system has successfully completed the refund.
- The buyer transferred the money through a different bank and the seller’s account was not credited promptly within 5 minutes after the transfer.
- The buyer did not fill in the correct amount to pay, the transfer amount was not exactly as instructed.
- The buyer manually reopens the transaction which has been automatically canceled.
- The buyer specifically asks the seller to delay the release of the transaction to avoid the fee.
To maintain a fair system, Remitano has the complete right to refuse a refund request regarded as a fraud or deliberately delaying the trade time.
With a strong and unmatched commitment to the crypto market, Remitano is committed to continuously provide a reputable, reliable, fast, and secure crypto trading environment.
“Every improvement contributing to your outstanding experience is our daily motivation.”
Disclaimer: The information presented here does not constitute investment advice or an offer to invest. The statements, views, and opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the author/company and do not represent those of Bitcoinist. We strongly advise our readers to DYOR before investing in any cryptocurrency, blockchain project, or ICO, particularly those that guarantee profits. Furthermore, Bitcoinist does not guarantee or imply that the cryptocurrencies or projects published are legal in any specific reader’s location. It is the reader’s responsibility to know the laws regarding cryptocurrencies and ICOs in his or her country.