We’ve covered the Bitcoin 2022 conference from every possible angle. Except for this one. Our editor reported from the ground, and gave us a look at the art. We covered individual panels in-depth, like this one from Mr. Wonderful and this one from the activists. We even highlighted the good, the bad, and the ugly from the main stage conferences, like this report from day one and this one from day two. And to close the coverage off, we’re turning to Twitter.
How did the event’s protagonists live bitcoin’s biggest event of the year? They sure did tell us in real-time via their Twitter feeds. And we went through all the content so you don’t have to. Following, you’ll find our selection. Let’s see what we can learn from their videos, pictures, and short messages. Like Twitter, this post will be all over the place. Let’s go!
BTC price chart for 04/18/2022 on Bitfinex | Source: BTC/USD on TradingView.com
Bitcoin 2022 * Appreciation
- One of the event’s stars, the ex-Blockstream Samson Mow, found the controversial TV host Tucker Carlson in attendance. Even though Carlson has been talking about bitcoin a lot lately, the question remains. What was he doing there? We wouldn’t know, but, apparently, he interviewed Michael Saylor.
Had to tell @TuckerCarlson that he’s being doing an excellent job teaching his viewers about sound money. #Bitcoin ???? pic.twitter.com/HY211s8Ubk
— Samson Mow (@Excellion) April 8, 2022
After the fact, Mow reflected on the Bitcoin 2022 experience. “I appreciate the words of encouragement to push for more nation-state Bitcoin adoption. The most meaningful part was meeting Salvadorans and hearing from them first hand that we’re making a difference in El Salvador.”
I was really happy to meet everyone at #Bitcoin2022 and I appreciate the words of encouragement to push for more nation-state #Bitcoin adoption. The most meaningful part was meeting Salvadorans and hearing from them first hand that we’re making a difference in El Salvador. ❤️??? pic.twitter.com/t7IaXKO7aJ
— Samson Mow (@Excellion) April 13, 2022
- Casa’s Jameson Lopp tells us that he was “pulled onto a panel with no notice” and “targeted by a prostitute/ gold digger in a whale-only area,” among other things.
Highlights from Miami:
* stopped & thanked 463 times for my work
* met many satisfied Casa clients
* pulled onto a panel with no notice
* attended a party that was 80% instafluencer types
* targeted by a prostitute / gold digger in a whale-only area
* trap shooting with Junseth
— Jameson Lopp (@lopp) April 10, 2022
- Even though the bitcoin core developer with the oxygen mask was heavily mocked online, toxic bitcoin maximalist Giacomo Zucco showed the world that “you can have pretty different risk assessments and still be friends!!”
BREAKING: you can have pretty different risk assessments and still be friends!! pic.twitter.com/OFU7xK6G3z
— Giacomo DARK TETRAD Zucco ?⚡?☠️? (@giacomozucco) April 7, 2022
Bitcoin 2022 * Reflection
- The organizer of Bitcoin Commons Austin, Parker Lewis, had harsh words for the controversial Bitcoin Mining Council based on this panel. “After watching a panel with Marty Bent, Jamie Leverton, Greg Beard and Tony Cross, it is clear ESG is an attack on bitcoin and many of the public companies are a big part of the problem but especially the bitcoin mining council.”
After watching a panel with Marty Bent, Jamie Leverton, Greg Beard and Tony Cross, it is clear ESG is an attack on #bitcoin and many of the public companies are a big part of the problem but especially the bitcoin mining council. @MartyBent was the only sane voice on stage.
— Parker Lewis (@parkeralewis) April 8, 2022
- Author of “The Price Of Tomorrow” and a participant in one of the conference’s best panels, Jeff Both, reflects on the Bitcoin 2022 experience. “It is impossible to leave the Bitcoin conference without hope for our collective future because of all the amazing and intelligent people building it.”
While the world strains under the weight of a slowly collapsing monetary system that will get worse, it is impossible to leave the #Bitcoin conference without hope for our collective future because of all the amazing and intelligent people building it.
— Jeff Booth (@JeffBooth) April 9, 2022
- Even though Michael Saylor and his MicroStrategy are all in on bitcoin, he wants more. “All the talent and passion at Bitcoin 2022 made me realize that I need to focus more on Bitcoin,” he concluded.
All the talent⚡️and passion? at @TheBitcoinConf made me realize that I need to focus more on #Bitcoin.
— Michael Saylor⚡️ (@saylor) April 9, 2022
- Brian Harrington’s reflections after Bitcoin 2022: “There was literally a 25,000 person meet up at a volcano with a bar that we paid in Bitcoin and we saw a demo of a lightning tor node paying a grocery store and Peter Thiel made mainstream news railing again the financial gerontocracy.”
Reflecting on #Bitcoin2022
There was literally a 25,000 person meet up at a volcano with a bar that we paid in #Bitcoin and we saw a demo of a lightning tor node paying a grocery store and Peter Thiel made mainstream news railing again the financial gerontocracy#BTC is winning
— Brian Harrington (@BrainHarrington) April 9, 2022
He also hosted this behind-the-scenes look at the whole conference.
Bitcoin 2022 * Content
- Among the announcements we missed, CashApp now offers three new bitcoin products: 1.- The Strike-like “Paid in Bitcoin.” 2.- A way to “auto-invest your spare change into bitcoin.” 3.- Lightning Network integration. Check the presentation for additional info.
@CashApp announced 3 new #bitcoin products at #Bitcoin2022:
1⃣ Paid in Bitcoin – auto-invest a % of your paycheck into bitcoin.
2⃣ Bitcoin Round Ups – auto-invest your spare change into bitcoin.
3⃣ Lightning Network – receive bitcoin instantly.
All are FREE and have 0% fees. pic.twitter.com/i1R0nhH2kH
— Michael Rihani⚡️ (@MichaelRihani) April 9, 2022
- Jordan Peterson agrees with Bitcoinist, Natalie Brunell was the star of the show. She killed it behind the news desk.
What was that dr @jordanbpeterson ?#bitcoinconference #Bitcoin2022 pic.twitter.com/ZiYcx1Kt4w
— ☣️ Nimzo₿it ⚡ (@NimzoBit) April 8, 2022
- Back on the Open-Source stage, Summer of Bitcoin’s Adi Shankara put in simple words why young technologically inclined people should avoid big tech and work on bitcoin. “Joining big tech today is like joining big cola. Both their business models revolve around triggering the same molecule in your brain.”
"Joining big tech today is like joining big cola. Both their business models revolve around triggering the same molecule in your brain.
If you're in university and are a budding technologist, it might make sense to work on #bitcoin in case it catches on."#Bitcoin2022 pic.twitter.com/5eYTkINEqA
— Adi Shankara (@adibitcoin) April 18, 2022
Bitcoin 2022 * Behind The Scenes
- Perianne Boring, who was part of a panel on Industry Day, shows us how lit one of the after-parties was:
Last night’s #bitcoin party was Off the Chain. Found myself center stage of @saylor and @cz_binance and orange pilled all the guests. pic.twitter.com/TcOO7i0GBk
— Perianne (@PerianneDC) April 8, 2022
- Part of the production team, Kit shows us how big and full of bitcoin-related products the trade exhibition room was. Notice the volcano where the news desk was, there on the horizon.
It takes an immense amount of work to put this together. Shout out to our sales team and everyone involved. ?
Pre-Register for Bitcoin 2023. pic.twitter.com/bbktrGqbyR
— Kit (@kit_sats) April 14, 2022
- YouTuber Hotep Jesus shows us the stage and how massive the space for the Sound Money Music Festival that closed the conference was.
Main stage views. #Bitcoin2022 pic.twitter.com/T3Tou9k8t9
— Hotep Jesus (@HotepJesus) April 9, 2022
- To close this off, the conference itself provides a concise video summary that speaks for itself.
#Bitcoin2022 was an unforgettable experience. We're already looking forward to seeing you at Bitcoin 2023! pic.twitter.com/M9pEdLwPh1
— Bitcoin 2022 (@TheBitcoinConf) April 15, 2022
Tomorrow, Bitcoinist will close the Bitcoin 2022 coverage with a tweet summary from the general public’s perspective. See you then.
Featured Image: Screenshot from the video summary | Charts by TradingView
Bitcoinist @ Bitcoin 2022 Miami
Bitcoinist will be at Bitcoin 2022 Miami in Miami Beach, FL from April 6th through 10th reporting live from the show floor and related events. Check out exclusive coverage from the world’s largest BTC conference here.