Dark Wallet is known to many in the Bitcoin community, as it makes it easier to transact with Bitcoin anonymously. An update for Dark Wallet has been released, which brings real cash withdrawals into the wallet.
The new update will bring many improvements to the Darkwallet, including:
- Experimental ATM tool/fast cash out module
- History is now cached on the wallet
- Broadcaster feedback improved, and general gateway status overhaul
- Unlimited storage for the plugin
- Compatibility fixes for ed25519 communications
The most popular new feature is the fast cash withdrawal module. According to the Darkwallet wiki, the new module will aid in the execution of these strategies:
- Allow the user to own and hold their bitcoin, not to hold them at exchanges, but in the user’s device.
- Eliminate the speculation around the centralization of funds in such entities, as well as fraud and thefts.
- Compete with traditional exchange houses
- Legal contitions without bindings
- Become a standard through open source so anyone can rapidly adapt to its decentralized technology.
The main advantage of a history cache in a Bitcoin wallet would be an increase in efficiency. Not only will the wallet be faster, there will also be finer control over unconfirmed transactions, and people will have tabs in which they can clear and rebroadcast unconfirmed transactions.
New Blockchain server
As explained by the official blog post by Dark Wallet:
“A new version of the server is imminent after near a year of work.
This integrates the research and development of custom databases and a re-organisation of the entire project and code, so developers can better collaborate. We have also removed all OpenSSL code and reduced many external dependencies. The command line tool BX (formerly SX) now uses a framework for auto-generating code for sub-commands, which means easier and more consistent development.”
Dark Wallet is the option for many bitcoin users who are looking for increased security when they send bitcoin to other people.
The Dark Wallet development team is working to bring better and more improved features to the wallet, while fixing the bugs present in earlier versions.
What are your thoughts on Dark Wallet’s new update? Let us know in the comments below!
Image Source: Darkwallet Blog